Who we are
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you apply or book a place on one of our trips or make an enquiry.
Personal information we collect includes but is not limited to: your name, address, email address, telephone number and health.
Why do we collect this information about you?
We collect and use your information:
• In order to process booking, application or enquiry. Without this information we cannot provide the services you have requested.
• We may also use your data to send you offers and promotions more tailored to you.
Do we share your data?
• We may need to share your information with our service providers such as airlines and medical support or because we are required to do so by law.
• We will not share or sell your personal information. With your consent we may share your information with our group of companies for marketing purposes (see ‘Sending you marketing information’ below).
Sending you marketing information
Where you have agreed, we may use your information to:
• Send you marketing information such as special offers, promotions, other products, services and marketing information that we think may be of interest to you. We may also ask you to take part in surveys and competitions. You have to opt in to receive this type of communication and have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you.
• Share with companies within the Hubaco group which Terra Nova Expedition Services is a part, so that they may offer you their products and services. The lawful basis on which we are processing this information is consent. You have to opt in to receive this type of communication and have the right at any time to stop further communication from other companies in the group.
• You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive marketing from us at any time. You can do this by logging into your account where you have one, clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of our marketing emails or contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject field.
Where we store your data
Your personal data is stored in our website and company systems.
How long we keep your data for
The personal information you provide to us will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
For the purpose of providing our services and products to you we may share your personally identifiable information with:
• Organisations which provide a service to us or act on our behalf, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential, for example, our IT providers, Accountants and email marketing providers. If they are located in another country (which may be outside the European Economic Area) we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to information held in the UK and to use your information only for the purpose of providing the service to us.
• Any third party to whom we have a duty to do so in order to satisfy any legal or regulatory requirements, such as HMRC.
• Our policy is not to share personally identifiable information with third parties, unless required by law, as required to perform our obligation or agreed communication to you.
How can I correct or access the information about me?
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may update information held on our website by logging into your account where you have one.
You may also ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
If you would like to correct, remove or a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address.
Data Protection Officer
Terra Nova Expedition Services Ltd
Unit B, Salcombe Court
Who is the Controller and Data Protection Officer?
The Data Controller is Terra Nova Expedition Services Ltd, Summit House, Unit B, Salcombe Court, Salcombe Road, Alfreton DE55 7EG | Tel: +44(0)1773 833300 | email: email@example.com
More information about Data Protection and your rights under the GDPR are available at: www. https://ico.org.uk/
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/if you feel that there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data.